If you are at the age where the worldly attachments are losing their charm and you feel to be free from various family responsibilities and if you want to live in the midst of nature, devoting your life in the search of the supreme and higher purpose of life, then Sri Yoga Ashram is the perfect place. Moreover, what place can be better than Rishikesh, on the bank of river Ganga, in the foothills of the Himalayas for spending the peaceful days of your life. You are welcome to join a new family. Please note that young people can also stay at Sri Yoga Niwas. But the price packages are different for young people and old people.
Register for 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training Course for More than one person and get this offer.Join Now
The concept of Sri Yoga Niwas is to provide our senior citizens an affordable place to live freely and fulfilling in the green, clean and spiritual city. This is quite in the line of entering ‘Vanprastha Ashram’ according to Hindu culture. The idea here is that senior people must not feel dependent on anyone just because they are getting old, but at the same time they should be given some relaxing time, space and peace of mind after many years of hard work. There is retirement age for everyone and there is a retirement dream for everyone. Sri Yoga Ashram aims to fulfill this dream and help the senior citizens, retired people, and old people progress spiritually at the same time. The senior citizens must be respected and given the space for expressing themselves.Contact US
TSri Yoga Niwas is located in Laxman Jhula area of Rishikesh. Sri Yoga Niwas is surrounded by green forest and mountain. The greenery here is soothing to the eyes. The fresh air makes you healthy without efforts; cold breeze in the morning is one thing people are dreaming for in the big cities. From the terrace and rooftop, you get a beautiful view of Holy river Ganga. The location is only fifty meters away from the main road providing enough distance for avoiding all the noise. Just next to Sri Yoga Niwas, there is a small mountain stream flowing all around the year, which creates sweet music in the ears all the time. Our scriptures say that meditating next to mountain river is very effective. You see here all kind of birds in different colors and you wake in the morning by their beautiful sounds. The place is really charming and full of divinity. We invite you to make it your home and be our family member. Near Sri Yoga Niwas there are many Ashrams and religious places where many activities are always happening. The family members can get the blessings of many great masters here and attend their sessions.
We are a Yoga School in India basically, so yoga and meditation are the two things that are a daily practice. We are not an old age home but provide a comfortable and respectful place for senior members. Our all senior family members can join daily morning yoga class for their spiritual progress at no cost. We have two spacious yoga halls at present and a big open roof top for arranging our course - Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh, Kundalini Yoga TTC, yoga and meditation retreat. Please note that if while staying at Sri Yoga Niwas, you want to attend these Yoga TTC course then there is extra fees to be paid.
• Sri Yoga Niwas is available for the Senior Citizens of all countries and religions without any discrimination.
• There is no minimum age for staying however there is special price for senior people of the society. In India old people are respected and are given some extra facilities as a token of gratitude from the younger generation. This is a special service for the older people according to the tradition of India. Minimum age for this special price is 50 years for women and 55 Years for men.
• The people willing to stay long time must be healthy and capable of taking care of themselves.
• We can arrange the doctor facility for the medical help. The expanses must be paid by the respected family members.
• All resident family members must have medical insurance and life insurance.
• We are a yoga ashram so for keeping the purity of the environment, the residents will not be allowed to smoke in the ‘Sri Yoga Niwas’ premises. Consumption of alcohol, any other toxic material or Non Veg food is prohibited in the ashram premises.
• No commercial activities will be conducted from the ‘Sri Yoga Niwas’ by the resident family members.
• The package and facilities opted by our respected senior family members are not transferrable.
• Initially all resident family members can opt for one month stay and they can extend it again and again.
• After one month stay at Sri Yoga Niwas, the senior family members can ask for long term stay starting from one year. This depends on the mutual consent of Sri Yoga Ashram and family member.
• Ashram can ask any family member to leave if his behavior is offensive and creating a nuisance to other family members or staff members.
• Please note that Yoga Niwas by Sri Yoga Ashram is not a traditional old age home rather it is a place to live peacefully spending time in spiritual practices at the later part of life.
• Sri Yoga Ashram conducts regular yoga courses of the duration of one month. Most of the people attending these courses are young people from all over the world. There is a great possibility that you can find that you are the only person of your age.
• Sri Yoga Niwas is not a place of being dependent in the old age rather it is a place of remaining independent, healthy, and strong throughout the life.